Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What is Worship?

I am currently working on an in depth series of posts on this subject. Right now I am doing a lot of word studies in the OT and NT to find out how the Israelites and the early church viewed this subject.

Here are some things to think about in regards to worship. I will hopefully be discussing all of these questions/issues throughout this series on worship.
  1. What is worship?
  2. When do we worship?
  3. How do we worship?
  4. Why do we worship?
  5. What do we worship?
  6. Is music worship?
  7. Is music the only way to worship?
  8. does all music a Christian listens to/plays need to be worship?
  9. does all Christian music need to be worship?
  10. the difference between corporate and individual worship.
  11. How did the Israelites worship?
  12. What can we learn/apply from the OT temple worship system?
  13. How did the early church worship?
  14. Does the NT propose a new "worship" then the OT?
  15. What can we learn from the early church/NT about worship?
  16. Does God accept any and all forms of worship?
  17. Are there specific ways in which God wants us to worship him?
  18. Are there ways in which God does not want us to worship him?
I am sure there are other good questions that need to be asked as well. If you can think of any yourself, please post them as a reply. It will help me to develop my ideas and perhaps give me some directions to pursue I have not yet considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment